CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Zoey's 1st Birthday!

Zoey is 1! I can't believe it. This past year has been the best year of my life. Having Zoey in our life has eclisped any hardships this year. She makes us laugh every day. Everyday when Matt comes home he's a little stressed and keyed up from school and the drive home, but the second he sees Zoey that all just melts away. She our little ray of sunshine, even when she is crying.
I can't express how grateful I am that she is ours forever. I remember being in the hospital after having her and crying when it hit me that we got to take her home. It felt like the most amazing gift I could ever receive.
Before we left Utah we did a little pre-birthday party with Nana and Brandon. She got to destroy a cake and open a few presents. She loved digging into the cake.
Her birthday was a little sad because she got sick for the first time. Such crummy timing. She had a temp, cough, and runny nose. I knew she really didn't feel good when she just sat there like a lump. Zoey never sits still unless she is asleep. We ended up laying around all day while Matt studied at school. We watched The Little Mermaid and read a ton of books. The upside, for me, of Zoey being sick was that she wanted to cuddle with me. She NEVER cuddles with me anymore because she NEVER sits still. I was in heaven cuddling with her all day. 
We decided to have cake and open present the day after birthday when she felt a little better. She was still sick but she was at least crawling around. It was a pretty small party, Zoey, Matt and myself. I think I'm going to throw her a half birthday party in July to make up for this one. I made her a little cake which I think turned out really cute. I had so much fun making it.
Zoey and Nana D

Cake #1


She was pretty into her balloons

But what she really liked was her candle

It took her awhile to dig into the cake




This was when it started to get fun


I love how the cake is all over the table

Zoey loved having Loki and Hurley lick her hands clean.

Zoey on her birthday Jan 15th. So sad.

Cake #2. I was so happy with how this turned out.

Especially the owl



We couldn't get her to smile for love nor money

3 comments:

Jay, Holly and Ava said...

Such a cute cake (actually both are amazing!) did you cut everything out ourself. They are awesome!

Danielle said...

I love the cakes! You need to teach me your skills :) Luci wants a farm cake with a rooster on it...

ReimFam said...

Seriously love your cakes. Did you use cookie cutters, or just hand cut all those pieces?

Post a Comment